Thursday, June 8, 2017

Cleaning my blog!

Hey readers,

After a few years of blogging, you might want to go ahead and look back at your old posts and compare them with your new ones. You will see some changes, some improvement or even get new ideas based on those old blog posts. I think it would be nice to clean up your blog once in a while and that is exactly what I am doing right now. 

How I clean up my blog?

I update my old blog posts.

Sometimes I just feel like what I wrote before could be said in a better way and so I update the writing style and make sure that there is no spelling mistakes. I might also add up more information or change the style of that post because of a new idea in mind. 

Have the right posts in the right categories/tags

I do feel like I have a lot of labels and I just realize some of my posts are in two different categories and so I am cleaning it all up. I also added and removed a few labels.

Assure that every links still work

I have links that are taken from elsewhere and it is possible that for some reason the link doesn't work anymore. For example, the website from where I got a link does not exist. Therefore, it is important to make sure that all links still work.


Assure that the sources of images that are taken from elsewhere still work

Along with links, I also have images that does not belong to me. And when I do, I make sure I have the source written somewhere in the post. But it is also important to make sure that you have the right source for a specific image.


Add or delete things from the sidebar

I want to keep my sidebars simple and not so overwhelming. People who are interested in your blog will mostly look at your sidebar to subscribe to your mailing list or to follow your blog and your social media accounts. The sidebars should be presentable but shouldn't have too much either.




PS: While updating your old blog posts, you can always look in the comments section and if someone left their blog link then you can have a quick visit and leave a nice comment on theirs too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Please leave your blog so I can get back at you. - Keep smiling always :)